Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Fight || World AIDS Day



I worked for an AIDS Project in the early days of the epidemic...late 80's early 90's. I started out as a volunteer because I heard someone speaking at a rally, and they said what will you say when you are asked what did you do to help? That moved me to action. I delivered meals to people with HIV/AIDS. I eventually became the director of volunteer services for my local AIDS Project. It will be for me always GOD's work.

What will you say when you are asked someday what did you do in the face of all this ignorance and dying?

Be a blessing. VOLUNTEER.

1 comment:

Moanerplicity said...

Always knew you are a beautiful spirit, my Sista.

"Folks would not have to suffer
If there were love
For your brother
But these are Tryin'Times."

-Donny Hathway (long before the AIDS crisis)


One.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    LoveTALK Radio

    Listen to internet radio with Lovebabz LOVETALK on Blog Talk Radio

    LoveBabz She Writes

    Search This Blog

    Followers

    Labels

    Blog Archive